About the Journal
In general, the code of ethics for the publication of the Theoretical and Applied Psychology Journal (JPTT) refers to the Regulation of the Head of LIPI Number 5 of 2014 concerning the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications which is sourced from the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). This code of ethics is a statement of the code of ethics of all parties involved in the process of publishing this scientific journal, namely managers, editors, review partners, and authors. This statement of the code of ethics for scientific publications upholds three ethical values in publication, namely:
- Neutrality, which is free from conflicts of interest in the management of publications;
- Justice, namely giving authorship rights to those who are entitled as author/writer; and
- Honesty, which is free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism (DF2P) in publication.
The reviewers of Jurnal Psikologi Teori dan Terapan (JPTT) will receive the manuscript (s) in the form of MS-word soft file. The detailed evaluative comments for the author’s manuscript are needed, and the comments are written directly in the file. JPTT will send this commented manuscript (s) to the author(s), therefore please be as comprehensive, specific, and constructive as possible in your comments. We expect that your comments would be helpful to the author(s) in improving their manuscripts. The following format is suggested for preparing comments for the author(s):
1. Identification of the contribution and major strengths of the paper.
- Is this paper appropriate for psychology subject?
- What are the strengths of the paper?
- What is the main contribution to existing body of psychological knowledge and practice?
2. Major weaknesses of the paper.
- Does the manuscript provide sufficient information needed?
- Is there any mistake that should be corrected?
- Do the authors achieve their stated objectives?
- What are the major changes that should be made in a revision?
- Are the references, tables, and figures made and placed appropriately?
- Are there sections of the manuscript that can be eliminated or condensed?
- Will the paper be interesting to both academicians and practitioners? How to improve the paper to deal with this issue?
4. Abstract and Title.
- Is the title appropriate given the content of the paper?
- Does the abstract contain an accurate and useful summary of the content of the paper?
- If you, as a reviewer, think that it is necessary to alert the editor to issues that would be inappropriate to be included in the comments to the Author(s), you are suggested to write a separate note to the editor.
DUTIES OF REVIEWER
Contribution to Editorial Decisions
Peer review assists the editor in making editorial decisions and through the editorial communications with the author may also assist the author in improving the paper.
Any selected referee who feels unqualified to review the research reported in a manuscript or knows that its prompt review will be impossible should notify the editor and excuse himself from the review process.
Any manuscripts received for review must be treated as confidential documents. They must not be shown to or discussed with others except as authorized by the editor.
Standards of Objectivity
Reviews should be conducted objectively. Personal criticism of the author is inappropriate. Referees should express their views clearly with supporting arguments.
Acknowledgement of Sources
Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors. Any statement that an observation, derivation, or argument had been previously reported should be accompanied by the relevant citation. A reviewer should also call to the editor's attention any substantial similarity or overlap between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper of which they have personal knowledge.
Disclosure and Conflict of Interest
Privileged information or ideas obtained through peer review must be kept confidential and not used for personal advantage. Reviewers should not consider manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
All articles submitted to Jurnal Psikologi Teori dan Terapan will be read and reviewed blindly (blind peer review) by peer-reviewers who are the experts in their fields.
The Editor may assign the reviewer(s) from the Jurnal Psikologi Teori dan Terapan's peer-reviewers, author(s)' suggestion, or other relevant researchers.
The acceptance of an article depends on the novelty of research, significance of the article, truth of the content, the degree of originality, the clarity of description, and the conformity with the objective of this journal.
Articles may be accepted without revision, accepted with minor revision, accepted with major revision, or rejected. The results of reviewed articles by reviewers will be notified to the author via email. The author is given an opportunity to revise his or her article based on the reviewers' and editor's suggestion no later than 2 weeks after the email notification.
All incoming articles will be checked for authenticity to prevent plagiarism by using turnitin and/or iThenticate anti-plagiarism software.
The entire processes from the submission until the publication of articles are free of charge (no article processing and submission charges). All articles published on Jurnal Psikologi Teori dan Terapan are open access by following the Creative Commons: Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International license.
FOCUS AND SCOPE
JPTT: Jurnal Psikologi Teori dan Terapan accepts manuscript research results in the fields of educational psychology, developmental psychology, clinical psychology, social psychology, industrial & organizational psychology, but not limited to:
- Personality and Learning
- Learning Interventions
- Teaching Strategies
- Education of Children with Special Needs
- Education of Gifted Children
- Counselling in Education
- Development of Children, Adolescents, Adults, and the Elderly
- Developmental Problems
- Parenting Strategies
- Quality of Life
- Personality Disorder
- Behaviour Modification
- Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Psychosis Disorders
- Psychological Intervention
- Social Transformation
- Social Intervention
- Employee Engagement
- Aggressive Behavior
- Prosocial Behavior
- Group Conformity
- Customer Satisfaction
- Organizational Leadership
- Organizational Commitment
- Work Motivation
- Work Stress
JPTT: Jurnal Psikologi Teori dan Terapan is published in February, June, and October
The main sponsors of JPTT: Jurnal Psikologi Teori dan Terapan are Jurusan Psikologi Universitas Negeri Surabaya
JPTT: Jurnal Psikologi Teori dan Terapan (Journal of Theoretical and Applied Psychology) is a peer-reviewed journal that covers all topics in theoretical and applied psychology. JPTT is managed by Department of Psychology, Faculty of Education, Universitas Negeri Surabaya, Indonesia.
- Jurnal Psikologi Teori dan Terapan was first published in August 2010 with ISSN (print): 2087-1708.
- From 2010 to 2021, Jurnal Psikologi Teori dan Terapan was published two times a year in August and February.
- In August 2017, Jurnal Psikologi Teori dan Terapan started to be published online with eISSN: 2597-9035.
- From the issue 9 number 2, Februari 2019, Jurnal Psikologi Teori dan Terapan was accredited Rank 3 nationally as a scientific journal based on the Decree of the Minister of Research, Technology and Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia, Decree No. 28/E/KPT/2019. The accreditation is valid until September 26th, 2025 ,
- Starting from December, 2021, Dr. Miftakhul Jannah, S.Psi., M.Psi., Psikolog was appointed as a chief editor of JPTT to replace Muhammad Syafiq.
- Starting from February 2022 , JPTT published three editions in a year (February, June, and October) with a little change in numbering the editions. To arrange the next publications more systematically, the editorial team of JPTT decided to skip Vol. 12 No. 2, 2021, and directly applied Vol.13 No .1 for February 2022 edition. The main consideration was number 1 edition will be more appropriate to be applied for starting each year of publication.
- Starting from October 2022 (Edition 13 Number 3), JPTT published with new template (using article history).
This journal charges the following author fees.
Article Submission: 0.00 (IDR)
Article Publication: 0.00 (IDR)