Jurnal Penelitian Fisika dan Aplikasinya (JPFA) - Journal of Physics Research and Its Application - is a peer-reviewed journal that is managed by Department of Physics, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Universitas Negeri Surabaya and published by Universitas Negeri Surabaya or the State University of Surabaya in collaboration with Perkumpulan Pendidik IPA Indonesia (PPII) or Indonesian Society for Science Educators and Physical Society Indonesia (PSI). JPFA is published periodically (twice a year) in June and December, in which 8-10 articles will be published in each issue.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. All articles published on JPFA are open access by following the Creative Commons: Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International license. Full license can be found here.
All articles submitted to JPFA must be the original work of the author (free of plagiarism). The submitted article has never existed in any media and/or is not being or will be submitted in any media. The author is responsible for the authenticity of the submitted manuscript. All incoming manuscript will be checked for authenticity to prevent plagiarism by using Turnitin and/or iThenticate, anti-plagiarism software. Any forms of high-level plagiarism will be banned (temporary up to permanent banned).
Article in Press
Articles in Press on JPFA are articles that have been accepted for publication in JPFA but have not yet been assigned to specific issues (volume and number). Articles in Press can also be the articles that have been assigned to specific issues but the issue has not been published yet. They provide possible chance to read about the latest developments in a certain research area before articles are officially published.
There are three types of Articles in Press on JPFA:
- Accepted manuscripts (AM) - Accepted manuscripts are articles that have been peer-reviewed and accepted for publication by JPFA Editorial Board, but have not yet been copyedited or formatted in JPFA style.
- Uncorrected proofs (UP) - Uncorrected proofs have been copyedited and formatted according to JPFA Scientific Research Guidelines, but are not finalized and may still be corrected by the authors, so the text could change before final publication.
- Corrected proofs (CP) - Corrected proofs contain authors’ and proofreaders’ corrections and may or may not have a specific issue and page numbers assigned.
Articles in Press that include errors, or are discovered to be accidental duplicates of other published article(s), or are determined to violate JPFA publishing ethics guidelines in the view of the editors (such as multiple submission, bogus claims of authorship, plagiarism, fraudulent use of data or the like), may be “Withdrawn” from JPFA. Withdrawn means that the article content (HTML and PDF) is removed and replaced with a HTML page and PDF simply stating that the article has been withdrawn according to the JPFA Policy on Article in Press Withdrawal with a link to the current policy document. Articles that are "withdrawn" in Articles in Press will not be published in JPFA.
Editors, Peer-reviewers, and Proofreaders of JPFA are permitted to submit an article in this journal with the following conditions:
- Editors and Peer-reviewers of JPFA who submit an article to this journal will be released temporarily from the editorial processes (especially in their manuscript) starting from the time of submitting the article. This policy goes into the publication decision of the article (received without revision, received with minor revision, received with major revision, or rejected) at least 1 issue/number.
- Editors and Peer-reviewers of JPFA who submit an article are not allowed to intervene the editorial process on editions/numbers when the article is sent to JPFA.
- Any editorial process will be performed by other Editors, Peer-reviewers so that the process continues without any problems.
- There is no special treatment for Editors and Peer-reviewers of JPFA who submit an article to JPFA.
Journal Scientific Statement
The articles published in Jurnal Penelitian Fisika dan Aplikasinya (JPFA) are scientifically proved the following the ethics code of scientific publication. The ethics code itself upholds three values of ethics in publications, namely, (1) Neutrality (free from conflicts of interest in the management of publications); (2) Justice (giving the right of authorship to the beneficiary as the author); and (3) Honesty (free from duplication, fabrication, falsification and plagiarism) in the publication. The articles published also follow the certain procedures or orders, such as double blind review and revision process that consistent with the journal’s regular review, to ensure that the quality is maintained properly.
Reference Management Software
The JPFA citation style in Mendeley can be downloaded from the following link:https://csl.mendeley.com/styles/12229861/JPFA-Citation-Style. More information about the installation of JPFA Citation Style in Mendeley can be seen in the JPFA Author Pack. The JPFA Citation Style in other reference management software will be coming soon.
JPFA is deposited in multiple digital archives to guarantee long-term digital preservation. These archives include:
This journal also utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...
- ISSN Print
- ISSN Online
- ISSN Print Statement Letter
- ISSN Online Statement Letter
- PDII LIPI Repository Obligation Letter (s.d. December 2017)
- JPFA Editor Team Statement Letter (2019-2020)
- MoA with PPII 2017-2018
- MoA with PPII 2019
- Kemkumham PPII Statement Letter
- MoA with PSI
- MoA with HFI Surabaya
- JPFA Publisher Statement Letter