About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Jurnal Penelitian Fisika dan Aplikasinya (JPFA) is available for free (open access) to all readers. The articles in JPFA include developments and researches in Physics Education, Classical Physics, and Modern Physics (theoretical studies, experiments, and its applications), including:
- Physics Education
- Innovation of Physics Learning
- Assessment and Evaluation in Physics
- Media of Physics
- Conception and Misconceptions in Physics
- Physics Philosophy and Curriculum
- Psychology in Physics Education
- Instrumentation Physics and Measurement
- Sensor System
- Control System
- Biomedical Engineering
- Nuclear Instrumentation
- Materials Science
- Synthesis and Characteristic Techniques
- Advanced Materials
- Low Temperature Physics
- Exotic Material
- Theoretical and Computational Physics
- High Energy Physics
- Gravitation and Cosmology
- Nuclear and Particle Phenomenology
- Computational and Non-Linear Physics
- Earth Sciences
JPFA also carries a Comments and Criticism section, a forum for expressing different viewpoints, comments, clarification, correction of misunderstanding, and reporting research misconduct regarding topics in published papers. Readers of the journal are earnestly invited to contribute their ideas to this forum. Contributions for the Comments and Criticism section should be relatively brief, normally one to four manuscript pages, written in Indonesian and English, and will be published as rapidly as possible.
Peer Review Process
The author(s) may suggest a maximum of 10 potential reviewers to review their paper (please include the following information, e.g. title, name, institution, postage address, and email address). Authors can also propose unwanted individuals/reviewer not to review their article (maximum 5 researchers with a reasonable explanation). Reviewers must have the Scopus-ID or Researcher-ID (Thomson Reuters) or recorded as a first author in this journal with (minimum) a doctoral degree.
Reviewers may also be invited from journals published by major publishers such as Elsevier or Springer. They must, however, come from different institutions with authors; preferably originating from different countries. Reviewers must not be subject to a conflict of interest involving the author(s) or manuscript(s). Nevertheless, the editor is not obligated to use any reviewers suggested by the author(s).
All manuscripts submitted to JPFA will be read and reviewed blindly (double blind peer review) by (a minimum of) 2 peer reviewers who are expert in their field. Manuscript Service Flow can be seen in this page. The Editor may assign the Reviewer(s) from the JPFA peer reviewers, Author(s) suggestions, other researchers, and/or other JPFA Editorial Member. The acceptance of an manuscripts depend on the novelty of the research, significance of the article, truth of the content, the degree of originality, the clarity of description, and the conformity with the objective of the journal.
Manuscript may be accepted without revision, minor revisions, major revision, or even rejected. The final decision of manuscript acceptance shall be made by the Editorial Board according to reviewers critical comments. The results of reviewed articles by reviewers will be notified to the author via email. The author is given an opportunity to revise his article based on the reviewers' (and editors) suggestion no later than 8 weeks after the email notification.
Jurnal Penelitian Fisika dan Aplikasinya (JPFA) - Journal of Physics Research and Its Application - is a peer-reviewed journal that is managed by Department of Physics, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Universitas Negeri Surabaya and published by Universitas Negeri Surabaya or the State University of Surabaya in collaboration with Perkumpulan Pendidik IPA Indonesia (PPII) or Indonesian Society for Science Educators. JPFA is published periodically (twice a year) in June and December, in which 8-10 articles will be published in each issue.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. All articles published on JPFA are open access by following the Creative Commons: Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International license. Full license can be found here.
All articles submitted to JPFA must be the original work of the author (free of plagiarism). The submitted article has never existed in any media and/or is not being or will be submitted in any media. The author is responsible for the authenticity of the submitted manuscript. All incoming manuscript will be checked for authenticity to prevent plagiarism by using Turnitin and/or iThenticate, anti-plagiarism software. Any forms of high-level plagiarism will be banned (temporary up to permanent banned).
Articles in Press
Articles in Press on JPFA are articles that have been accepted for publication in JPFA but have not yet been assigned to specific issues (volume and number). Articles in Press can also be the articles that have been assigned to specific issues but the issue has not been published yet. They are a great way to read about the latest developments in a certain research area before articles are officially published. Please note that the DOI in the Article in Press is still not active until the issue is officially published.
There are three types of Articles in Press on JPFA:
- Accepted manuscripts (AM) - Accepted manuscripts are articles that have been peer reviewed and accepted for publication by JPFAs Editorial Member, but have not yet been copyedited or formatted in JPFA style.
- Uncorrected proofs (UP) - Uncorrected proofs have been copyedited and formatted, but are not finalized and may still be corrected by the authors, so the text could change before final publication.
- Corrected proofs (CP) - Corrected proofs contain authors' and proofreaders corrections and may or may not have a specific issue and page numbers assigned.
Articles in Press that include errors, or are discovered to be accidental duplicates of other published article(s), or are determined to violate JPFA publishing ethics guidelines in the view of the editors (such as multiple submission, bogus claims of authorship, plagiarism, fraudulent use of data or the like), may be â€œWithdrawnâ€ from JPFA. Withdrawn means that the article content (HTML and PDF) is removed and replaced with a HTML page and PDF simply stating that the article has been withdrawn according to the JPFA Policy on Article in Press Withdrawal with a link to the current policy document. Articles that are "withdrawn" in Articles in Press will not be published in JPFA.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...
Editors, Peer-reviewers, and Proofreaders of JPFA are permitted to submit an article in this journal with the following conditions:
- Editors and Peer-reviewers of JPFA who submit an article to this journal will be released temporarily from the editorial processes (especially in their manuscript) starting from the time of submitting the article. This policy goes into the publication decision of the article (received without revision, received with minor revision, received with major revision, or rejected) at least 1 issue/number.
- Editors and Peer-reviewers of JPFA who submit an article are not allowed to intervene the editorial process on editions/numbers when the article is sent to JPFA.
- Any editorial process will be performed by other Editors, Peer-reviewers so that the process continues without any problems.
- There is no special treatment for Editors and Peer-reviewers of JPFA who submit an article to JPFA.
Journal Scientific Statement
The articles published in Jurnal Penelitian Fisika dan Aplikasinya (JPFA) are scientifically proved the following the ethics code of scientific publication. The ethics code itself upholds three values of ethics in publications, namely, (1) Neutrality (free from conflicts of interest in the management of publications); (2) Justice (giving the right of authorship to the beneficiary as the author); and (3) Honesty (free from duplication, fabrication, falsification and plagiarism) in the publication. The articles published also follow the certain procedures or orders, such as double blind review and revision process that consistent with the journals regular review, to ensure that the quality is maintained properly.
Reference Management Software
The JPFA citation style in Mendeley can be downloaded from the following link:https://csl.mendeley.com/styles/12229861/JPFA-Citation-Style. More information about the installation of JPFA Citation Style in Mendeley can be seen in the JPFA Author Pack. The JPFA Citation Style in other reference management software will be coming soon.
JPFA is deposited in multiple digital archives to guarantee long-term digital preservation. These archives include:
- ISSN Print
- ISSN Online
- ISSN Print Statement Letter
- ISSN Online Statement Letter
- PDII LIPI Repository Obligation Letter (s.d. December 2017)
- JPFA Editor Team Statement Letter (2019-2020)
- MoA with PPII 2017-2018
- MoA with PPII 2019
- Kemkumham PPII Statement Letter
- MoA with PSI
- MoA with HFI Surabaya
- JPFA Publisher Statement Letter
Jurnal Penelitian Fisika dan Aplikasinya (JPFA) is a peer-reviewed journal managed by Department of Physics, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Universitas Negeri Surabaya and published by Universitas Negeri Surabaya or the State University of Surabaya in collaboration with Perkumpulan Pendidik IPA Indonesia (PPII) or Indonesian Society for Science Educators and Physical Society Indonesia. This journal was first published in June 2011 with ISSN (Print) 2087-9946. In the first until the fifth volume, the journal had been published online at http://fisikaunesa.net/ojs/index.php/JPFA. Starting Volume 5 No. 2 December 2015 edition, the journal moved to university domain on https://journal.unesa.ac.id/index.php/jpfa. The following is the historical milestones of JPFA.
- On Vol. 5 No. 2 December 2015, JPFA moved to university domain. Since then, JPFA has managed to change some policies, appearances, and templates to meet the national standards of accreditation and globally indexing system. This process had taken a long time and contributed to the disruption of JPFA editorial processes.
- On October 19, 2015, JPFA has obtained an ISSN (Online), 2477-1775.
- On November 2, 2015, JPFA has been indexed by Directory of Open Access Journal (DOAJ).
- On April 20, 2017, JPFA has collaborated with Himpunan Fisika Indonesia (HFI) or Physical Society Indonesia chapter Surabaya related to the submission of manuscripts, editorial processes, and the assignment of peer reviewers.
- On May 31, 2017, JPFA developed the journal website in two languages to enhance the visibility of this journal.
- On July 6, 2017, JPFA changed the reviewing policy from single-blind peer-review to double-blind peer-review to enhance the quality of the peer-review process of the journal.
- On July 30, 2017, JPFA has collaborated with Perkumpulan Pendidik IPA Indonesia (PPII) or Indonesian Society for Science Educators regarding the submission of manuscripts, editorial processes, and the assignment of peer reviewers.
- On 29 August 2017, JPFA has become a member of Crossref, meaning all the JPFA articles have a Digital Object Identifier (DOI).
- Started from December 8, 2017, JPFA will only accept the manuscript submission in English.
- Started from Vol. 7 No 2 December 2017, JPFA will publish 6-8 articles per issue.
- On January 22, 2018, JPFA is indexed by Science and Technology Index (SINTA) S3 (one-grade below the Nationally Accredited Journal).
- On March 22-24, 2018, Managing Editor JPFA is invited by Ministry of Research, Technology, and Higher Education (Kemenristekdikti) to attend Workshop for Journal Editor, namely, Governance Assistance Workshop for Potentially Accredited Journal in 2018 in Surabaya.
- At the end of March 2018, JPFA received a grant from Kemristekdikti, that is, â€œBantuan Terbitan Berkala Ilmiahâ€ (Grant for Scientific Periodicals) to improve and develop the quality of JPFA.
- Since April 5, 2018, JPFA has been indexed by OpenAIRE.
- On June 29, 2018, JPFA revised the manuscript template to enrich the metadata of the article in the manuscript.
- Since June 29, 2018, JPFA has been indexed by Science and Technology Index (SINTA) S2.
- Started from July 9, 2018, JPFA is Nationally Accredited by Kemristekdikti. The journal is classified into nationals 2nd highest cluster for reputable journals in Indonesia (SINTA 2).
- On September 5-7, 2018, Editor of JPFA was invited by Ministry of Research, Technology, and Higher Education (Kemenristekdikti) to attend Workshop for International Journal, namely upgrading and assistance workshop for journal management towards international reputation 2018 in Surabaya.
- On Oktober 2018, JPFA is indexed by Index Copernicus International.
- On November 5, 2018, JPFA received a recommendation from by Ministry of Research, Technology, and Higher Education (Kemenristekdikti) to register in Scopus Indexation in the first quarter of 2018.
- At the end of January 2019, JPFA received award/grant for The 2019 Accredited Journal Incentives by from Kemristekdikti.
- In June to September 2019, JPFA improves some policies, appearances, and template to meet the international standard.
- In September 26, 2019, JPFA has collaborated with Physical Society Indonesia (PSI) regarding the submission of manuscripts, editorial processes, and the assignment of peer reviewers.