Articles in Press
Articles in Press on JPFA are articles that have been accepted for publication in JPFA but have not yet been assigned to specific issues (volume and number). Articles in Press can also be the articles that have been assigned to specific issues but the issue has not been published yet. They are a great way to read about the latest developments in a certain research area before articles are officially published. Please note that the DOI in the Article in Press is still not active until the issue is officially published.
There are three types of Articles in Press on JPFA:
- Accepted manuscripts (AM) - Accepted manuscripts are articles that have been peer reviewed and accepted for publication by JPFA’s Editorial Member, but have not yet been copyedited or formatted in JPFA style.
- Uncorrected proofs (UP) - Uncorrected proofs have been copyedited and formatted, but are not finalized and may still be corrected by the authors, so the text could change before final publication.
- Corrected proofs (CP) - Corrected proofs contain authors' and proofreaders’ corrections and may or may not have a specific issue and page numbers assigned.
Articles in Press that include errors, or are discovered to be accidental duplicates of other published article(s), or are determined to violate JPFA publishing ethics guidelines in the view of the editors (such as multiple submission, bogus claims of authorship, plagiarism, fraudulent use of data or the like), may be “Withdrawn” from JPFA. Withdrawn means that the article content (HTML and PDF) is removed and replaced with a HTML page and PDF simply stating that the article has been withdrawn according to the JPFA Policy on Article in Press Withdrawal with a link to the current policy document. Articles that are "withdrawn" in Articles in Press will not be published in JPFA.
Editors, Peer-reviewers, and Proofreaders of JPFA are permitted to submit an article in this journal with the following conditions:
- Editors and Peer-reviewers of JPFA who submit an article to this journal will be released temporarily from the editorial processes (especially in their manuscript) starting from the time of submitting the article. This policy goes into the publication decision of the article (received without revision, received with minor revision, received with major revision, or rejected) at least 1 issue/number.
- Editors and Peer-reviewers of JPFA who submit an article are not allowed to intervene the editorial process on editions/numbers when the article is sent to JPFA.
- Any editorial process will be performed by other Editors, Peer-reviewers so that the process continues without any problems.
- There is no special treatment for Editors and Peer-reviewers of JPFA who submit an article to JPFA.