Statement of professional ethical codes is a statement of the ethical codes of all parties involved in the process of publication of this scientific journal (Editors, Peer-reviewers, and Authors). In general, the publication ethics of the Otopro refers to the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) about Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editor and Peraturan Kepala LIPI Nomor 5 Tahun 2014 about the Ethical Codes of Scientific Publication. Essentially, the code of ethics itself upholds three values of ethics in publications, namely:
- Neutrality (free from conflicts of interest in public management),
- Justice (giving the right of authorship to the beneficiary as the author), and
- Honesty (free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism (DF2P) in the publication.
Duties and Responsibilities of Journal Manager
- Determine the name of the journal, scope of science, validity, and accreditation if necessary.
- Determine editorial board membership.
- Defines the relationship between the publisher, editor, peer-reviewers partner, and other parties in a contract.
- Respect confidential matters, both for contributing researchers, authors / writers, editors, and bestari partners.
- Apply norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyrights.
- Conduct a journal policy review and present it to the author / writer, the editorial board, bestari partners, and readers.
- Create a code of conduct guide for editors and bestari partners.
- Publish journals regularly.
- Guarantee the availability of financial resources for the sustainability of journal publishing.
- Building a network of cooperation and marketing.
- Prepare licensing and other aspects of legality.
Duties and Responsibilities of Editor
- Meeting the needs of readers and authors / writers,
- Strive to continuously improve the quality of publications,
- Implement a process to guarantee the quality of published works,
- Promoting freedom of opinion objectively,
- Maintaining the integrity of the author's academic track record,
- Submit corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies if needed,
- Responsible for the style and format of the paper, while the contents and all statements in the paper are the responsibility of the author / writer,
- Actively soliciting the opinions of authors, readers, bestari partners, and editorial board members to improve the quality of publications,
- Encourage the evaluation of journals if there are findings,
- Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by asking authors to attach an Ethics Clearing form that has been approved by the Ethics Clearing Commission,
- Supporting initiatives to educate researchers about the ethics of publications,
- Reviewing the effects of published policies on the attitudes of authors and bestari partners and improving them to increase responsibility and minimize errors,
- Having an open mind to new opinions or other people's views that may conflict with personal opinions,
- Do not defend the opinion of yourself, the author or a third party that can lead to decisions that are not objective,
- Encourage the author / writer, so that they can make improvements to the paper to be published.
Duties and Responsibilities of Peer - Reviewers
- Obtain the task of the editor to study the paper and submit the results of the review to the editor, as material for determining the eligibility of a paper to be published
- Reviewers may not examine written papers that involve them, either directly or indirectly.
- Maintain the privacy of the author by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations by providing criticism, suggestions, input, and recommendations
- Encourage the author / writer to make improvements to the paper
- Re-examine the paper that has been repaired in accordance with predetermined standards.
- The paper is reviewed in a timely manner according to the style of the published environment based on scientific principles (data collection methods, author's legality, conclusions, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities of the Author
- Ensuring that those who are included in the list of authors meet the criteria as authors.
- Collectively responsible for the work and content of the article including the method, analysis, calculation, and details.
- State the origin of the resources (including funding), both directly and indirectly.
- Explain limitations in research
- Respond to comments made by peer-reviewers in a professional and timely manner.
- Inform the editor if he will retract his writing.
- Make a statement that the paper submitted for publication is original, has never been published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to other publishers.