Manuscript Service Flow
- Author(s) register on the Otopro website (https://journal.unesa.ac.id/index.php/jo/index).
- The Author(s) login to the Otopro website.
- The Author(s) submit an article to the Otopro website (less than 30 minutes). The manuscript that will be submitted should be in the form of .doc or .docx format. There are some supplementary files, namely Statement of Manuscript Authenticity, Statement of Open Access, and other supplementary files.
- The editor performs the first evaluation in the form of article topic, novelty, article layout, and article originality. If the article is out of the scope and/or has a high plagiarism level, then the article will be rejected. This process can take up to 2 weeks.
- The editor assigns at least 2 peer reviewers based on the topic of the manuscript.
- Peer reviewers of Otopro review the article. This process may take up to 2 months.
- Peer reviewers submit the review to the Editor.
- The editor performs the second evaluation (related to the revised article based on the reviewers’ feedback) and provides a decision regarding the reviewer’s recommendations. The decision can be: accepted without revision, minor revision, major revision, or rejected.
- If the decision is “accepted without revision”, the manuscript will be processed to the next stage, which is layout and proofreading process (jump to step 13) after the decision is notified to the author.
- If the decision is “minor revisions”, the manuscript and the review results will be given to the author(s). The author(s) should revise the manuscript for maximum of 3 weeks.
- If the decision is “major revisions”, the manuscript and the review results will be given to the author(s). The author(s) should revise the manuscript within 2 months (maximum time). For major revision, the manuscript may be re-submitted toward at least 1 peer reviewer (if the Editor consider it is necessary). The process will return to step 6.
- If a decision is “rejected”, the review results will be given to the author(s).
- The author(s) revise the manuscript based on the feedback and suggestion from the peer reviewers before the deadline. If the submission of the revised article exceeds the given time, the manuscript will be considered as “resubmit for review” or “major revisions and need to be reviewed” (back to step 6). If the author has been given second chance to revise but does not revise the manuscript until the deadline, the Editor may consider changing the decision by rejecting the manuscript for publication at Otopro.
- After performing the second evaluation, the Editor will ask the author to re-check the article layout (based on the template of Otopro) and do self-proofreading (checking on grammar and typos). The author(s) are given a two-week time for re-checking. Note that any significant modification of the manuscript is only allowed if they are connected with the layout and proofreading. This stage is the final opportunity of the author(s) to make changes to the manuscript.
- Editor assigns proofreader.
- The proofreader reviews the readability of the article. This process can take up to 2 weeks.
- The editor provides proofreading result to the author.
- Once the proofreading process is complete, the Editor will perform third evaluation (related to layout and proofreading). This process can take up to 3 weeks.
- The editor publishes Articles that have been accepted and revised to the Otopro website. Publication of articles can be directly on a particular Volume and Number or in the “Articles in Press” section. More details can be seen in Article in Press policy.
- The duration between the manuscript submission and publication in Otopro is at least 1 month.
- If the Editor has a decision regarding to the submitted manuscript, the author may request letter of publication or acceptance as an indication that the article is accepted for publication in Otopro.
Plagiarism checking is using the turnitin and/or iThenticate.