Statement of scientific code of ethics is a statement of code of ethics for all parties involved in the publication process of this scientific journal, namely managers, editors, reviewer partners, and authors/writers.
In general, the ethics of PROTEKSI publication refer to COPE and based on the Head of LIPI Regulation No. 5 of 2014 concerning the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications.
In essence, this Code of Conduct for Scientific Publications upholds three ethical values in publications, namely:
• Neutrality, which is free from conflicting interests in managing publications;
• Justice, namely giving authorship rights to those entitled as authors/writers; and
• Honesty, i.e. free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism (DF2P) in publications.
Duties and Responsibilities of Journal Manager
1. Determine the name of the journal, scope of science, validity, and accreditation if necessary.
2. Determine editorial board membership.
3. Defining the relationship between the publisher, editor, reviewer partner, and other parties in a contract.
4. Respect matters that are confidential, both for researchers who contribute, authors/writers, editors, and reviewer partners.
5. Applying norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyright.
6. Review journal policies and submit them to authors/writers, editorial boards, reviewer partners, and readers.
7. Create a code of conduct guide for editors and reviewer partners.
8. Publish journals regularly.
9. Guarantee the availability of financial resources for the sustainability of journal publishing.
10. Build a network of cooperation and marketing.
11. Preparing permits and other aspects of legality.
Duties and Responsibilities of Editor
1. Meeting the needs of readers and authors/writers,
2. Strive to continuously improve the quality of publications,
3. Implement a process to guarantee the quality of published works,
4. Promoting freedom of opinion objectively,
5. Maintaining the integrity of the author's academic track record,
6. Submit corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies if needed,
7. Responsible for the style and format of the paper, while the contents and all statements in the paper are the responsibility of the author/writer,
8. Actively soliciting the opinions of authors, readers, reviewer partners, and editorial board members to improve the quality of publications,
9. Encourage the evaluation of the journal if there are findings,
10. Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by asking authors to attach an Ethics Clearing form that has been approved by the Ethics Clearing Commission,
11. Supports initiatives to educate researchers about the ethics of publications,
12. Review the effect of published policies on the attitudes of authors and reviewer partners and improve them to increase responsibility and minimize errors,
13. Have an open mind to new opinions or the views of others that may conflict with personal opinions,
14. Not maintaining one's own opinion, the author or a third party that can lead to decisions that are not objective,
15. Encourage the author/writer, so that they can make improvements to the paper to be published.
Duties and Responsibilities of Reviewer Partners
1. Obtain the task of the editor to review the paper and submit the results of the review to the editor, as material for determining the eligibility of a paper to be published.
2. The reviewers are not permitted to examine written papers involving themselves, both directly and indirectly.
3. Maintaining the privacy of the author by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations by providing criticism, suggestions, input, and recommendations
4. Encourage the author/writer to make improvements to the paper
5. Re-examine the paper that has been repaired in accordance with the specified standards.
6. The paper is reviewed in a timely manner according to the style of the publication's environment based on scientific principles (data collection methods, author's legality, conclusions, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities of the Author / Writer
1. Ensuring that those included in the list of authors/writers meet the criteria as authors/writers.
2. Responsible collectively for the work and content of the article including the method, analysis, calculation, and details.
3. State the origin of the resources (including funding), both directly and indirectly.
4. Explain limitations in research
5. Respond to comments made by reviewer partners in a professional and timely manner.
6. Inform the editor if he will retract his writing.
7. Make a statement that the paper submitted for publication is original, has never been published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to other publishers.