Strategic Management of The Faculty of Social Sciences and Law, State University of Surabaya, in Improving The Quality of Education during The Covid-19 Pandemic
Keywords:strategic management, coronavirus disease (Covid-19), quality of education
This study aims to describe the efforts of the Faculty of Social Sciences and Law (FISH) of the State University of Surabaya (Unesa) in improving the quality of education during the Covid-19 pandemic within the framework of strategic management theory. This research was motivated by the fact that during the pandemic, lectures at universities switched to online and required students and lecturers to make quick adaptations that have the potential to impact the quality of education. This study uses a qualitative descriptive method. The focus of the research covers the strategic management process, which includes the phases of environmental observation, strategy formulation, strategy implementation, and evaluation. The research subjects were determined purposively by involving the heads of faculties, departments, and study programs within the FISH Unesa environment. The data analysis technique flow through data collection, data display, data reduction, and concluding. The results showed that the SWOT method was used in the environmental observation phase, specifically identifying the strengths and weaknesses of the institution's internal environment and identifying opportunities and threats to the institution's external factors. At the strategy formulation stage, a lecture strategy was set with the name Limited and Gradual Face-to-Face Lectures (PTMTB). This stage is carried out by preparing the room and health protocols. The implementation of this strategy was carried out starting with a survey via Google Form to students. Not all study programs hold PTMTB depending on the number of students who fill out the Google Form. The faculty carry out the evaluation stage with the Covid-19 Task Force. Based on the findings, several points can be suggested. The institution should make training plans for educational staff to increase competence, increase awareness of education staff to prioritize providing services for the community and increase lecturers number so that the ideal ratio between lecturers and students is met.
Carpenter, M. A. & Sanders, Wm, Gerard. (2009). Stategic Management: A Dynamic Prespective. 2nd Edition New Jersey: Pearson Printice Hall.
Gitosudarmo, I. (2008). Manajemen Strategis. Yogyakarta, BPFE.
Glueck, William F dan Lawrence R. Jauch, (2000). Manajemen Strategis dan Kebijakan Perusahaan. Jakarta, Erlangga.
Hariadi, Bambang. (2005). Strategi Manajemen, Strategi Memenagkan Perang Bisnis. Malang, Bayumedia Publishing.
Hunger, J. D. dan Wheelen, Thomas I,. (2003). Manajemen Strategis. Yogyakarta, Andi Yogyakarta.
Meirinawati, Eva Hany Fanida dan Indah Prabawati. (2018). Strategy Management of Hazardous and Toxic Waste Processing by PT Artama Sentosa Indonesia (Study of Transporting and Collecting Hazardous and Toxic Waste), Atlantis Press Journal, Advances in Social Science, Education and Humanities Research, volume 226.
Miles, Mattehew B dan A. Michael Hunerman (1992). Analisis Data Kualitatif. Jakarta, UI Press.
Moleong, Lexy J. (2012). Metodologi Penelitian Kualitatif. Bandung, Remaja Roesdakarya.
Nawawi, Hadari. (1998). Metode Penelitian Bdang Sosial. Yogyakarta, Gadjah Mada University Press.
Niswah, F dan Meirinawati. (2015). Manajemen Strategi Sektor Publik. Surabaya, Unesa University Press.
Steven L., Yaffee and Julia Wondolleck. (2003). “Collaborative Ecosystem Planning Processes in TheUnited States: Evolution and Challenges.” Jurnal Environments 31: 59–72.
Sudaryanto, Sudaryanto, Wahyu Widayati, and Risza Amalia. (2020). “Konsep Merdeka Belajar- Kampus Merdeka Dan Aplikasinya Dalam Pendidikan Bahasa (Dan Sastra) Indonesia.” Kode: Jurnal Bahasa 9(2).
Kholifah, Siti dan I Wayan Suyadnya. (2018). Metodologi Penelitian Kualitatif Berbagi Pengalaman dan Lapangan. Depok, Rajawali Pers.
Usman, dan Abdi. (2009). Metodologi Penelitian Sosial dan Ekonomi Teori dan Aplikasi. Bandung, Alfabeta
SE Rektor Unesa No. B/45374/UN38/HK.01.01/2021 tentang Pelaksanaan Pembelajaran Tatap Muka Terbatas dan Bertahap pada Semester Gasal 2021/2022.
SKB Mendikbud, Menag, Menkes, Mendragri, No. 03/KB/2020 tentang Panduan Penyelenggaraan Pembelajaran pada Semester Gasal Tahun Ajaran dan Tahun Akademik 2021/2022 di Masa Pandemi Covid-19.
Surat Pemerintah Kota Surabaya No. 443.2/11938/436.8.4/2021 tentang Pelaksanaan Kegiatan Perkuliahan Tatap Muka Terbatas dan Bertahap di Unesa
Retained Rights/Terms and Conditions of Publication
1. As an author you (or your employer or institution) may do the following:
- make copies (print or electronic) of the article for your own personal use, including for your own classroom teaching use;
- make copies and distribute such copies (including through e-mail) of the article to research colleagues, for the personal use by such colleagues (but not commercially or systematically, e.g. via an e-mail list or list server);
- present the article at a meeting or conference and distribute copies of the article to the delegates attending such meeting;
- for your employer, if the article is a â€˜work for hire, made within the scope of your employment, your employer may use all or part of the information in the article for other intra-company use (e.g. training);
- retain patent and trademark rights and rights to any process, procedure, or article of manufacture described in the article;
- include the article in full or in part in a thesis or dissertation (provided that this is not to be published commercially);
- use the article or any part thereof in a printed compilation of your works, such as collected writings or lecture notes (subsequent to publication of the article in the journal); and prepare other derivative works, to extend the article into book-length form, or to otherwise re-use portions or excerpts in other works, with full acknowledgement of its original publication in the journal;
- may reproduce or authorize others to reproduce the article, material extracted from the article, or derivative works for the authors personal use or for company use, provided that the source and the copyright notice are indicated, the copies are not used in any way that implies the Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya endorsement of a product or service of any employer, and the copies themselves are not offered for sale.
All copies, print or electronic, or other use of the paper or article must include the appropriate bibliographic citation for the articles publication in the journal.
2. Requests from third parties
Although authors are permitted to re-use all or portions of the article in other works, this does not include granting third-party requests for reprinting, republishing, or other types of re-use. Requests for all uses not included above, including the authorization of third parties to reproduce or otherwise use all or part of the article (including figures and tables), should be referred to the Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya by going to our website at https://journal.unesa.ac.id/index.php/jpsi
3. Author Online Use
- Personal Servers. Authors and/or their employers shall have the right to post the accepted version of the article pre-print version of the article, or a revised personal version of the final text of the article (to reflect changes made in the peer review and editing process) on their own personal servers or the servers of their institutions or employers without permission from the Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya, provided that the posted version includes a prominently displayed the Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya copyright notice and, when published, a full citation to the original publication, including a link to the article abstract in the journal homepage. Authors shall not post the final, published versions of their papers;
- Classroom or Internal Training Use. An author is expressly permitted to post any portion of the accepted version of his/her own articles on the authors personal website or the servers of the authors institution or company in connection with the authors teaching, training, or work responsibilities, provided that the appropriate copyright, credit, and reuse notices appear prominently with the posted material. Examples of permitted uses are lecture materials, course packs, e-reserves, conference presentations, or in-house training courses;
- Electronic Preprints. Before submitting an article to JPSI, authors frequently post their manuscripts to their own website, their employers site, or to another server that invites constructive comments from colleagues. Upon submission of an article to JPSI, an author is required to transfer copyright in the article to the Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya, and the author must update any previously posted version of the article with a prominently displayed the Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya copyright notice. Upon publication of an article by the Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya, the author must replace any previously posted electronic versions of the article with either (1) the full citation to the work with a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) or link to the article abstract in the JPSI homepage, or (2) the accepted version only (not the final, published version), including the Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya copyright notice and full citation, with a link to the final, published article in journal homepage.
4. Articles in Press (AiP) service
The Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya may choose to publish an abstract or portions of the paper before we publish it in the journal. Please contact our Production unit immediately if you do not want us to make any such prior publication for any reason, including disclosure of a patentable invention.
5. Author/Employer Rights
If you are employed and prepared the article on a subject within the scope of your employment, the copyright in the article belongs to your employer as a work-for-hire. In that case, the Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya assumes that when you sign this Form, you are authorized to do so by your employer and that your employer has consented to the transfer of copyright, to the representation and warranty of publication rights, and to all other terms and conditions of this Form. If such authorization and consent have not been given to you, an authorized representative of your employer should sign this Form as the Author.
6. The Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya Copyright Ownership
It is the formal policy of the Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya to own the copyrights to all copyrightable material in its technical publications and to the individual contributions contained therein, in order to protect the interests of the Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya, its authors and their employers, and, at the same time, to facilitate the appropriate re-use of this material by others. The Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya distributes its technical publications throughout the world and does so by various means such as hard copy, microfiche, microfilm, and electronic media. It also abstracts and may translate its publications, and articles contained therein, for inclusion in various compendiums, collective works, databases and similar publications
Every accepted manuscript should be accompanied by a "Copyright Transfer Agreement" prior to the article publication.