Tourism Village Management Requires Good Tourism Governance: Study in the Kampung Lampion Code 18 Yogyakarta area
Keywords:good tourism governance, tourism village, Kampung Lampion Code 18
The objective of this research is to fully understand the use of the Good Tourism Governance principles in the management of the tourist villages of the Kampung Lampion Code 18 in Yogyakarta. There was a negative perception of settlements around the Code river, Yogyakarta. They were considered to cause river water pollution, narrowing of rivers, sedimentation and flooding. Then, the community changed that perception. Together with the Non-Governmental Organization the Center for Civic Engagement & Studies and assisted by several university students, they turned the area into a tourist spot with the name Kampung Lampion Code 18. This is qualitative research with a descriptive method. Data analysis was applied at both the first step (data processing) and the second step (interpretation). The study results indicate that the management of Kampung Lampion Code 18 has tried to apply the principles of good tourism governance. However, its implementation has not been effective. Stakeholder synergy has not been realized, training programs have not been sustainable, the benefits of tourism have not been widely felt, have not encouraged local ownership, and promotion is still minimal. The limitations of this study are that it relies heavily on the researcher's interpretation of the interview data; therefore, the possibility of bias persists. However, this study suggests the need for Good Tourism Governance Principles if the village wants to compete as an alternative tourism destination.
Penelitian ini bertujuan untuk memahami secara mendalam penerapan prinsip Good Tourism Governance dalam pengelolaan kampung wisata di kawasan Kampung Lampion Code 18 Kota Yogyakarta. Berawal dari keberadaan permukiman di sekitar sungai Code yang dianggap membawa dampak negative seperti pencemaran air sungai, penyempitan badan sungai, serta erosi, dan sedimentasi yang menyebabkan banjir. Kemudian, masyarakat sekitar sungai Code merubah persepsi tersebut. Bersama dengan Lembaga Swadaya Masyarakat Center for Civic Engagement & Studies dan dibantu oleh beberapa mahasiswa dari berbagai perguruan tinggi, mengubah permukiman di bantaran sungai Code menjadi kawasan wisata dengan nama Kampung Lampion Code 18. Penelitian ini bersifat deskriptif dengan menggunakan pendekatan kualitatif. Analisis data dilakukan dua tahap baik analisis pada langkah permulaan (pengolahan) maupun langkah lanjut (penafsiran). Hasil penelitian menunjukkan bahwa prinsip good tourism governance dalam pengelolaan kampung wisata di kawasan Kampung Lampion Code 18 sudah diterapkan, namun penerapannya belum optimal. Hal tersebut terlihat dari sinergitas pemangku kepentingan belum sepenuhnya terwujud, program pelatihan belum berkelanjutan, manfaat wisata dan kemitraannya belum dirasakan secara luas, belum mendorong kepemilikan lokal, promosi masih minim dan berdiri sendiri-sendiri, serta pedoman monitoring dan evaluasi program masih sederhana. keterbatasan penelitian adalah subjektivitas peneliti. Studi ini sangat bergantung pada interpretasi peneliti tentang makna yang ditunjukkan dalam wawancara; oleh karena itu, kemungkinan bias tetap ada. Prinsip Good Tourism Governance tersebut perlu dioptimalkan apabila kampung wisata di kawasan Kampung Code Lampion 18 hendak dijadikan alternatif wisata yang berdaya saing.
Kata kunci: good tourism governance, kampung wisata, dan Kampung Lampion Code 18
Ardianto. (2016). Peran Dinas Pariwisata dalam Mengembangkan Potensi Wisata di Kabupaten Natuna. Skripsi. Yogyakarta: Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta.
Beritelli, P., Bieger, T., & Laesser, C. (2007). Destination governance: Using corporate governance theories as a foundation for effective destination management. Journal of Travel Research, 46(1), 96–107. https://doi.org/10.1177/0047287507302385
Bono i Gispert, O., & Anton Clavé, S. (2020). Dimensions and models of tourism governance in a tourism system: The experience of Catalonia. Journal of Destination Marketing and Management, 17(July). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdmm.2020.100465.
Dinas Pariwisata dan Kebudayaan DIY. (2021). Buku Statistik Kepariwisataan DIY 2014. Diunduh pada hari Senin, 6 September 2021 melalui situs https://visitingjogja.com/download/statistik-pariwisata/.
Durán, C. (2013). Governance for the tourism sector and its measurement. UNWTO Statistics and TSA. Issue Paper Series, 1–34. http://cf.cdn.unwto.org/sites/all/files/IP_Governance_paper_EN.pdf
Hidayati, R., Sudaryono, Wijono, D., & Prayitno, B. (2016). Tourism Development of Historical Riverbanks in Jatinom Village. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 227(November 2015), 650–655. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2016.06.128
Jubaedah, E., Lili, N., & Faozan, H. (2008). Model Pengukuran Pelaksanaan Good Governance di Pemerintah Daerah Kabupaten/Kota. 115.
Samsu, S. (2016). Metode Penelitian Kualitatif dalam Perspektif Rancangan. Jurnal Fokus Konseling, 2(2), 144–159.Peraturan Walikota Yogyakarta Nomor 115 Tahun 2016 tentang Penyelenggaraan Kampung Wisata.
Pasanchay, K., & Schott, C. (2021). Community-based tourism homestays’ capacity to advance the Sustainable Development Goals: A holistic sustainable livelihood perspective. Tourism Management Perspectives, 37(November 2020), 100784. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tmp.2020.100784
Pitana, I. G., & Surya Diarta, I. K. (2009). Pengantar Ilmu Pariwisata. Penerbit Andi.
Prastowo, A. (2012). Metode Penelitian Kualitatif dalam Rancangan Penelitian. Yogyakarta: Ar-Ruzz Media.
Putri, W. D. (12 Januari 2017). Yogyakarta Terbitkan Aturan tentang Kampung Wisata. Diakses dihari Rabu, 8 September 2021 pada situs https://www.republika.co.id/berita/nasional/daerah/17/01/12/ojo1y7359-yogyakarta-terbitkan-aturan-tentang-kampung-wisata
Rini Dorojati, I. ,M. S. (2020). Peer Review “Model Pengorganisasian Masyarakat dalam Pengelolaan dan Pengembangan Kampung Wisata Prenggan Kecamatan Kotagede, Kota Yogyakarta.”
Samsu, S. (2016). Metode Penelitian Kualitatif dalam Perspektif Rancangan. Jurnal Fokus Konseling, 2(2), 144–159.
Sunaryo, B. (2013). Kebijakan Pembangunan Destinasi.pdf (p. xiv + 240).
Undang-undang Republik Indonesia Nomor 10 tahun 2009 tentang Kepariwisataan
Xu, H., Huang, X., & Zhang, Q. (2018). Tourism development and local borders in ancient villages in China. Journal of Destination Marketing and Management, 9(July 2017), 330–339. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdmm.2018.03.007
Ying, T., & Zhou, Y. (2007). Community, governments and external capitals in China’s rural cultural tourism: A comparative study of two adjacent villages. Tourism Management, 28(1), 96–107. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2005.12.025
Yoeti, O. A. (1996). Pengantar Ilmu Pariwisata (p. 348).
Zasada, I., & Piorr, A. (2015). The role of local framework conditions for the adoption of rural development policy: An example of diversification, tourism development and village renewal in Brandenburg, Germany. Ecological Indicators, 59, 82–93. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolind.2015.02.002
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Retained Rights/Terms and Conditions of Publication
1. As an author you (or your employer or institution) may do the following:
- make copies (print or electronic) of the article for your own personal use, including for your own classroom teaching use;
- make copies and distribute such copies (including through e-mail) of the article to research colleagues, for the personal use by such colleagues (but not commercially or systematically, e.g. via an e-mail list or list server);
- present the article at a meeting or conference and distribute copies of the article to the delegates attending such meeting;
- for your employer, if the article is a â€˜work for hire, made within the scope of your employment, your employer may use all or part of the information in the article for other intra-company use (e.g. training);
- retain patent and trademark rights and rights to any process, procedure, or article of manufacture described in the article;
- include the article in full or in part in a thesis or dissertation (provided that this is not to be published commercially);
- use the article or any part thereof in a printed compilation of your works, such as collected writings or lecture notes (subsequent to publication of the article in the journal); and prepare other derivative works, to extend the article into book-length form, or to otherwise re-use portions or excerpts in other works, with full acknowledgement of its original publication in the journal;
- may reproduce or authorize others to reproduce the article, material extracted from the article, or derivative works for the authors personal use or for company use, provided that the source and the copyright notice are indicated, the copies are not used in any way that implies the Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya endorsement of a product or service of any employer, and the copies themselves are not offered for sale.
All copies, print or electronic, or other use of the paper or article must include the appropriate bibliographic citation for the articles publication in the journal.
2. Requests from third parties
Although authors are permitted to re-use all or portions of the article in other works, this does not include granting third-party requests for reprinting, republishing, or other types of re-use. Requests for all uses not included above, including the authorization of third parties to reproduce or otherwise use all or part of the article (including figures and tables), should be referred to the Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya by going to our website at https://journal.unesa.ac.id/index.php/jpsi
3. Author Online Use
- Personal Servers. Authors and/or their employers shall have the right to post the accepted version of the article pre-print version of the article, or a revised personal version of the final text of the article (to reflect changes made in the peer review and editing process) on their own personal servers or the servers of their institutions or employers without permission from the Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya, provided that the posted version includes a prominently displayed the Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya copyright notice and, when published, a full citation to the original publication, including a link to the article abstract in the journal homepage. Authors shall not post the final, published versions of their papers;
- Classroom or Internal Training Use. An author is expressly permitted to post any portion of the accepted version of his/her own articles on the authors personal website or the servers of the authors institution or company in connection with the authors teaching, training, or work responsibilities, provided that the appropriate copyright, credit, and reuse notices appear prominently with the posted material. Examples of permitted uses are lecture materials, course packs, e-reserves, conference presentations, or in-house training courses;
- Electronic Preprints. Before submitting an article to JPSI, authors frequently post their manuscripts to their own website, their employers site, or to another server that invites constructive comments from colleagues. Upon submission of an article to JPSI, an author is required to transfer copyright in the article to the Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya, and the author must update any previously posted version of the article with a prominently displayed the Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya copyright notice. Upon publication of an article by the Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya, the author must replace any previously posted electronic versions of the article with either (1) the full citation to the work with a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) or link to the article abstract in the JPSI homepage, or (2) the accepted version only (not the final, published version), including the Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya copyright notice and full citation, with a link to the final, published article in journal homepage.
4. Articles in Press (AiP) service
The Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya may choose to publish an abstract or portions of the paper before we publish it in the journal. Please contact our Production unit immediately if you do not want us to make any such prior publication for any reason, including disclosure of a patentable invention.
5. Author/Employer Rights
If you are employed and prepared the article on a subject within the scope of your employment, the copyright in the article belongs to your employer as a work-for-hire. In that case, the Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya assumes that when you sign this Form, you are authorized to do so by your employer and that your employer has consented to the transfer of copyright, to the representation and warranty of publication rights, and to all other terms and conditions of this Form. If such authorization and consent have not been given to you, an authorized representative of your employer should sign this Form as the Author.
6. The Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya Copyright Ownership
It is the formal policy of the Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya to own the copyrights to all copyrightable material in its technical publications and to the individual contributions contained therein, in order to protect the interests of the Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya, its authors and their employers, and, at the same time, to facilitate the appropriate re-use of this material by others. The Department of Public Administration, Universitas Negeri Surabaya distributes its technical publications throughout the world and does so by various means such as hard copy, microfiche, microfilm, and electronic media. It also abstracts and may translate its publications, and articles contained therein, for inclusion in various compendiums, collective works, databases and similar publications
Every accepted manuscript should be accompanied by a "Copyright Transfer Agreement" prior to the article publication.