Publication ethics of Jurnal Geter : Jurnal Seni Drama, Tari dan Musik refers to the Commission on Publication Ethics (COPE). This statement of the scientific code of ethics is a statement of the code of ethics of all parties involved in the publication process of this scientific journal, namely managers, editors, reviewers/bestari partners, and authors. This statement of the code of ethics for scientific publications is based on the Regulation of the Head of LIPI Number 5 of 2014 concerning the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications, which essentially upholds three ethical values of publication, namely:
- Neutrality - free from conflicts of interest in the management of publications.
- Justice - gives authorship rights to those who are entitled as authors/writers.
- Honesty - free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism (DF2P) in publications.
Journal Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine the name of the journal, scientific scope, periodicity, and accreditation if needed.
- Define editor membership.
- Defines the relationship between publishers, editorial team, reviewers/bestari partners, and other parties to the contract.
- Appreciate confidentialities, both for contributing researchers, writers, editors, and reviewers/bestari partners.
- Implement norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyright.
- Reviewing journal policies and submitting them to authors, editorial team, reviewers/bestari partners, and readers.
- Create behavioral code guidelines for editors and reviewers/bestari partners.
- Publish journals regularly according to regularity.
- Ensuring the availability of funding sources for the sustainability of journal publications.
- Building a network of cooperation and marketing.
- Prepare permits and other legal aspects.
Editor's Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting the needs of readers and writers.
- Strive to improve the quality of publications on an ongoing basis.
- Implement processes to ensure the quality of published papers.
- Prioritizing freedom of opinion objectively.
- Maintain the integrity of the author's academic track record.
- Submit corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies when needed.
- Responsible for the style and format of the written work, while the content and all statements in the written work are the responsibility of the author.
- Actively solicit opinions from writers, readers, reviewers/bestari partners, and members of the editorial team to improve the quality of publications.
- Encouraging an assessment of the journal if there are findings.
- Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by asking authors to attach an Ethics Approval form that has been approved by the Ethics Committee.
- Support initiatives to educate researchers about publication ethics.
- Review the effect of publication policies on the attitudes of authors and reviewers and improve them to increase responsibility and minimize errors.
- Be open minded to new opinions or the views of others that may conflict with personal opinions.
- Do not defend your own opinion, the author, or any third party that can lead to a non-objective decision.
- Encouraging writers to make improvements to their written work so that it is worthy of publication.
Duties and Responsibilities of Reviewers
- Received an assignment from the editor to review the written work and submit the results of the study to the editor, as material for determining the feasibility of the paper to be published.
- The reviewer may not conduct a review of the written work that involves himself, either directly or indirectly.
- Maintain the privacy of the author by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations by providing criticism, suggestions, input, and recommendations.
- Encourage writers to make improvements to the writing.
- Reviewing the written work that has been corrected in accordance with predetermined standards.
- The written work is reviewed in a timely manner according to the style of the publication environment based on scientific principles (data collection methods, author's legality, conclusions, etc.).
Author's Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the names included in the list of authors meet the criteria as authors.
- Collectively responsible for the work and the content of the article includes methods, analysis of results, calculations and details.
- State the origin of resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Explain the limitations of the study
- Respond to comments made by reviewers in a professional and timely manner.
- Inform the editor if he will withdraw his written work.
- Make a statement that the paper submitted for publication is original, has not been published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to another publisher.