GETAK MASK DANCE IN PAMEKASAN MADURA AS A MANIFESTATION OF PRABU BALADEWA FIGURE
Getak mask dance is one of traditional dances from Pamekasan, Madura. This dance depicts the bravery of a knight who is wandering and has a patriot spirit. This article aims to identify and record the existence of Getak Mask Dance both textually and contextually. It is because the existence of this dance has started to fade. Therefore, it is necessary to immediately record as an effort to preserve. Historically, the existence of Getak Mask Dance is closely related to the performance of œdramatari topeng dhalang Madura which is based on Mahabharata story. It is then developed to a part of Ludruk Sandur performance. Gethak Mask Dance is a manifestation of Balarama figure; a king in Madura Kingdom. Balarama is a character in wayang performance who is highly respected by Madurese people and considered as their ancestor. Textually, the choreography of Getak Mask Dance is in the form of a male single dance, he uses white mask and has a strong character. The dance movement pattern is very distinctive, supported by the sound of Kendang or drum which sounds œGe and œTak and the use of handkerchief property as a symbol of weapon.Keywords: Getak Mask Dance, Pamekasan, manifestation, Baladewa figure
Irhandayaningsih, Ana. 2018. œPelestarian Kesenian Tradisional sebagai Upaya Dalam Menumbuhkan Kecintaan Budaya Lokal di Masyarakat Jurang Blimbing Tembalang dalam Jurnal Anuva Volume 2, no. 1 tahun 2018. Semarang: Program Studi Ilmu Perpustakaan, Fakultas Ilmu Budaya, Universitas Diponegoro. (hal.19-27) (https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/234033991.pdf., diakses 2 Desember 2020).
Kasdi, Aminuddin. 2003. Perlawanan Penguasa Madura Atas Hegemoni Jawa (Relasi Pusat Daerah Pada Periode Akhir Mataram (1726-1745). Yogyakarta: Penerbit Jendela, 2003) 254.
Mulyana, Sri. 1977. Wayang dan Karakter Wanita. Jakarta: Gunung Agung.
Rahayu, Eko Wahyuni. 2019. œAdegan Gandrung Dalam Pergelaran Dramatari TopÃ¨ng á¸ŒhÃ¢lÃ¢ng Slopeng Sebagai Pertunjukan Budaya Masyarakat Sumenep Madura. Disertasi untuk memenui sebagian persyaratan mencapai derajat S3 di Program Studi Pengkajian Seni Pertunjukan dan Seni Rupa Universitas Gadjah Mada Yogyakarta.
Rahayu. 2018. œRokat PandhÃ¢bÃ¢ Sebagai Pertunjukan Budaya Masyarakat Madura Di Kabupaten Sumenep, dalam Jurnal GÃªtÃªr, Vol.1, No.1, tahun 2018 (hal. 9-22)
Sedyawaati, Edi. 1986. œTari Sebagai Salah Satu Pernyataan Budaya, dalam Pengetahuan Elementer Tari dan Beberapa Permasalahan Tari. Jakarta: Direktorat Kesenian, Departemen Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan.
Soedarsono, R.M. dan Tati Narawati, Dramatari di Indonesia, Kontinuitas dan Perubahan. Yogyakarta: Gadjah Mada Universiy Press, 2014.
Soelarto, B. 1977. Topeng Madura (Topong). Jakarta: Dep. P. & K.
Tim Peneliti. 2001. œTari Rondhing dan Tari Topeng Gettak Sebagai Salah Satu Unggulan Pamekasan. Pamrkasan: Dinas Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan Kabupaten Pamekasan.
Tim Penyusun. 2016. Pamekasan Dalam Sejarah. Pamekasan: Pemda Kabupaten Pamekasan
Tim Penulis Sena Wangi. 1999. Ensiklopedi Wayang Indonesia Jilid 1 (A-B). Jakarta: Sena Wangi.
Timoer, Soenarto. 1979/1980. Topeng Dhalang di Jawa Timur. Jakarta: Proyek Sasana Budaya, Direktorat Jenderal Kebudayaan Departemen Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan.
How to Cite
Retained Rights/Terms and Conditions of Publication
1. As an author you (or your employer or institution) may do the following:
- make copies (print or electronic) of the article for your own personal use, including for your own classroom teaching use;
- make copies and distribute such copies (including through e-mail) of the article to research colleagues, for the personal use by such colleagues (but not commercially or systematically, e.g. via an e-mail list or list server);
- present the article at a meeting or conference and to distribute copies of the article to the delegates attending such meeting;
- for your employer, if the article is a â€˜work for hire, made within the scope of your employment, your employer may use all or part of the information in the article for other intra-company use (e.g. training);
- retain patent and trademark rights and rights to any process, procedure, or article of manufacture described in the article;
- include the article in full or in part in a thesis or dissertation (provided that this is not to be published commercially);
- use the article or any part thereof in a printed compilation of your works, such as collected writings or lecture notes (subsequent to publication of the article in the journal); and prepare other derivative works, to extend the article into book-length form, or to otherwise re-use portions or excerpts in other works, with full acknowledgement of its original publication in the journal;
- may reproduce or authorize others to reproduce the article, material extracted from the article, or derivative works for the authors personal use or for company use, provided that the source and the copyright notice are indicated, the copies are not used in any way that implies Faculty of Social Sciences and Law, Universitas Negeri Surabaya endorsement of a product or service of any employer, and the copies themselves are not offered for sale.
All copies, print or electronic, or other use of the paper or article must include the appropriate bibliographic citation for the articles publication in the journal.
2. Requests from third parties
Although authors are permitted to re-use all or portions of the article in other works, this does not include granting third-party requests for reprinting, republishing, or other types of re-use. Requests for all uses not included above, including the authorization of third parties to reproduce or otherwise use all or part of the article (including figures and tables), should be referred to Faculty of Social Sciences and Law, Universitas Negeri Surabaya.
3. Author Online Use
- Personal Servers. Authors and/or their employers shall have the right to post the accepted version of articles pre-print version of the article, or revised personal version of the final text of the article (to reflect changes made in the peer review and editing process) on their own personal servers or the servers of their institutions or employers without permission from Faculty of Social Sciences and Law, Universitas Negeri Surabaya, provided that the posted version includes a prominently displayed Faculty of Social Sciences and Law, Universitas Negeri Surabaya copyright notice and, when published, a full citation to the original publication, including a link to the article abstract in the journal homepage. Authors shall not post the final, published versions of their papers;
- Classroom or Internal Training Use. An author is expressly permitted to post any portion of the accepted version of his/her own articles on the authors personal web site or the servers of the authors institution or company in connection with the authors teaching, training, or work responsibilities, provided that the appropriate copyright, credit, and reuse notices appear prominently with the posted material. Examples of permitted uses are lecture materials, course packs, e-reserves, conference presentations, or in-house training courses;
- Electronic Preprints. Before submitting an article to an MEV Journal, authors frequently post their manuscripts to their own web site, their employers site, or to another server that invites constructive comment from colleagues. Upon submission of an article to Metafora Journal, an author is required to transfer copyright in the article to Faculty of Social Sciences and Law, Universitas Negeri Surabaya, and the author must update any previously posted version of the article with a prominently displayed Faculty of Social Sciences and Law, Universitas Negeri Surabaya copyright notice. Upon publication of an article by Faculty of Social Sciences and Law, Universitas Negeri Surabaya, the author must replace any previously posted electronic versions of the article with either (1) the full citation to the work with a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) or link to the article abstract in Metafora journal homepage, or (2) the accepted version only (not the final, published version), including Faculty of Social Sciences and Law, Universitas Negeri Surabaya copyright notice and full citation, with a link to the final, published article in journal homepage.
4. Articles in Press (AiP) service
Faculty of Social Sciences and Law, Universitas Negeri Surabaya may choose to publish an abstract or portions of the paper before we publish it in the journal. Please contact our Production department immediately if you do not want us to make any such prior publication for any reason, including disclosure of a patentable invention.
5. Author/Employer Rights
If you are employed and prepared the article on a subject within the scope of your employment, the copyright in the article belongs to your employer as a work-for-hire. In that case, Faculty of Social Sciences and Law, Universitas Negeri Surabaya assumes that when you sign this Form, you are authorized to do so by your employer and that your employer has consented to the transfer of copyright, to the representation and warranty of publication rights, and to all other terms and conditions of this Form. If such authorization and consent has not been given to you, an authorized representative of your employer should sign this Form as the Author.
6. RCEPM-LIPI Copyright Ownership
It is the formal policy of Faculty of Social Sciences and Law, Universitas Negeri Surabaya to own the copyrights to all copyrightable material in its technical publications and to the individual contributions contained therein, in order to protect the interests of the RCEPM-LIPI, its authors and their employers, and, at the same time, to facilitate the appropriate re-use of this material by others. RCEPM-LIPI distributes its technical publications throughout the world and does so by various means such as hard copy, microfiche, microfilm, and electronic media. It also abstracts and may translate its publications, and articles contained therein, for inclusion in various compendiums, collective works, databases and similar publications
Every accepted manuscript should be accompanied by "Copyright Transfer Agreement" prior to the article publication.