PENGARUH PRAKTIK KERJA INDUSTRI TERHADAP PEMBENTUKAN KARAKTER MAHASISWA TEKNIK INFORMATIKA UNIVERSITAS NEGERI SURABAYA
Praktik kerja industri (Prakerin) merupakan model yang diterapkan oleh Teknik Informatika, sebagai salah satu program studi di Unesa, untuk memberikan kecakapan tertentu kepada mahasiswa. Prakerin adalah pola penyelenggaraan diklat yang dikelola bersama-sama antara Prodi dengan industri/asosiasi profesi sebagai institusi pasangan, mulai dari tahap perencanaan, pelaksanaan hingga evaluasi dan sertifikasi. Prakerin dilaksanakan selama 1-3 bulan di dunia usaha/dunia industri. Selama ini, kegiatan Prakerin tidak pernah dimanfaatkan untuk menganalisis softskill yang dimiliki mahasiswa setelah melakukan Prakerin. Padahal, softskill sangat dibutuhkan oleh mahasiswa setelah lulus. Oleh karena itu, penelitian ini bertujuan menganalisis dan mensintesis dampak praktik kerja industri terhadap karakter mahasiswa Jurusan Teknik Informatika yang sesuai dengan motto Unesa œgrowing with character. Jenis penelitian yang digunakan adalah penelitian kuantitatif dengan menggunakan kuesioner skala Likert untuk mengumpulkan data. Kemudian data dianalisis menggunakan statistik deskriptif. Hasil pengolahan data diperoleh kesimpulan bahwa mahasiswa Jurusan Teknik Informatika melakukan Prakerin dengan baik dan karakter mahasiswa Jurusan Teknik Informatika menjadi lebih baik setelah melakukan Prakerin dibandingkan sebelum melakukan Prakerin dalam hal disiplin dalam beribadah, mandiri, jujur, peduli, dan tangguh.
Kata Kunci: karakter, pendidikan vokasi, praktik kerja industry.
Industrial work practice is a model applied by Informatics Department, as one of the study programs at Unesa, to provide certain skills for students. Industrial work practice work training that is managed jointly between Study Programs and industry / professional associations as a partner, starting from planning, implementation to evaluation and certification. Internship is carried out for 1-3 months in the business / industrial world. During this time, internship activities have never been used to analyze the soft skills required by students after internship. In fact, soft skills are really needed by students after graduation. The purpose of this study is to analyze and synthesize industrial work practices on the character of Informatics Engineering students in accordance with Unesa's motto "developing with character". This type of research is a quantitative study using a Likert scale questionnaire to collect data. Then the data were analyzed using descriptive statistics. Results shown that students of the Department of Informatics performed the internship well and their characters improved in terms of discipline in worship, independent, honest, caring, and tough.
Keywords: character, industrial work practice, vocational education.
 Villy, E. P., Prantiasih, A., & Atok, A. R. Al. (2013). Pendidikan Karakter Dalam Pelaksanaan Praktik Kerja Industri Siswa Smk Negeri 1 Pungging Di PT. Sinar Sosro Kab Mojokerto. Jurnal Pendidikan Kewarganegaraan, 2(1).
 Samsudi, Sunyoto, & Widodo, J. (2015). Development Management Model of Industrial Work Practice at Vocational High School Based Entrepreneurship. In The Twelfth International Conference on eLearning for Knowledge-Based Society (p. 6.1-6.5).
 Septiana, E. N., Fathoni, A., & Minarsih, M. M. (2016). Pengaruh Magang Kerja, Minat dan Orientasi, Spesialisasi Keahlian Terhadap Kesiapan Kerja Siswa. Journal Of Management, 2(2).
 Arfandi, A., & Sampebua, O. (2017). Kesiapan Pelaksanaan Praktik Kerja Industri Program Studi Keahlian Teknik Bangunan di Kota Makassar. Cakrawala Pendidikan, XXXV(1), 8087.
 Hasbullah, & Azmi, M. F. (2018). Pengembangan Model Pembelajaran Bahasa Inggris Dalam Me-nanamkan Karakter Siswa Kelas X SMK Negeri 1 Labuapi. Tirai Edukasi, 1(1), 114.
 Shahid, I. M., Sastromiharjo, A., & Anshori, D. S. (2018). Pengaruh Pendidikan Karakter Berbasis Leasson Study. In INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON EDUCATION LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE (pp. 294302).
 Prikshat, V., Nankervis, A., Burgess, J., & Dhakal, S. (2018). The Transition from Graduation to Work. Springer Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-0974-8
 Bricki, N., & Green, J. (2007). A Guide to Using Qualitative Research Methodology. Medecins Sans Frontieres. https://doi.org/10.1109/PROC.1978.11033
 Mack, N., Woodsong, C., McQueen, K. M., Guest, G., & Namey, E. (2011). Qualitative Research Methods: A data collectors field guide. Qualitative Research Methods: A data collectors field guide.
Retained Rights/Terms and Conditions of Publication
1. As an author you (or your employer or institution) may do the following:
- make copies (print or electronic) of the article for your own personal use, including for your own classroom teaching use;
- make copies and distribute such copies (including through e-mail) of the article to research colleagues, for the personal use by such colleagues (but not commercially or systematically, e.g. via an e-mail list or list server);
- present the article at a meeting or conference and to distribute copies of the article to the delegates attending such meeting;
- for your employer, if the article is a â€˜work for hire, made within the scope of your employment, your employer may use all or part of the information in the article for other intra-company use (e.g. training);
- retain patent and trademark rights and rights to any process, procedure, or article of manufacture described in the article;
- include the article in full or in part in a thesis or dissertation (provided that this is not to be published commercially);
- use the article or any part thereof in a printed compilation of your works, such as collected writings or lecture notes (subsequent to publication of the article in the journal); and prepare other derivative works, to extend the article into book-length form, or to otherwise re-use portions or excerpts in other works, with full acknowledgement of its original publication in the journal;
- may reproduce or authorize others to reproduce the article, material extracted from the article, or derivative works for the authors personal use or for company use, provided that the source and the copyright notice are indicated, the copies are not used in any way that implies FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, UNIVERSITAS NEGERI SURABAYA endorsement of a product or service of any employer, and the copies themselves are not offered for sale.
- All copies, print or electronic, or other use of the paper or article must include the appropriate bibliographic citation for the articles publication in the journal.
2. Requests from third parties
Although authors are permitted to re-use all or portions of the article in other works, this does not include granting third-party requests for reprinting, republishing, or other types of re-use. Requests for all uses not included above, including the authorization of third parties to reproduce or otherwise use all or part of the article (including figures and tables), should be referred to FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, UNIVERSITAS NEGERI SURABAYA by going to our website www.unesa.ac.id
3. Author Online Use
- Personal Servers. Authors and/or their employers shall have the right to post the accepted version of articles pre-print version of the article, or revised personal version of the final text of the article (to reflect changes made in the peer review and editing process) on their own personal servers or the servers of their institutions or employers without permission from FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, UNIVERSITAS NEGERI SURABAYA, provided that the posted version includes a prominently displayed FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, UNIVERSITAS NEGERI SURABAYA copyright notice and, when published, a full citation to the original publication, including a link to the article abstract in the journal homepage. Authors shall not post the final, published versions of their papers;
- Classroom or Internal Training Use. An author is expressly permitted to post any portion of the accepted version of his/her own articles on the authors personal web site or the servers of the authors institution or company in connection with the authors teaching, training, or work responsibilities, provided that the appropriate copyright, credit, and reuse notices appear prominently with the posted material. Examples of permitted uses are lecture materials, course packs, e-reserves, conference presentations, or in-house training courses;
- Electronic Preprints. Before submitting an article to an JVTE Journal, authors frequently post their manuscripts to their own web site, their employers site, or to another server that invites constructive comment from colleagues. Upon submission of an article to JVTE Journal, an author is required to transfer copyright in the article to FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, UNIVERSITAS NEGERI SURABAYA, and the author must update any previously posted version of the article with a prominently displayed FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, UNIVERSITAS NEGERI SURABAYA copyright notice. Upon publication of an article by the FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, UNIVERSITAS NEGERI SURABAYA, the author must replace any previously posted electronic versions of the article with either (1) the full citation to the work with a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) or link to the article abstract in JVTE journal homepage, or (2) the accepted version only (not the final, published version), including the FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, UNIVERSITAS NEGERI SURABAYA copyright notice and full citation, with a link to the final, published article in journal homepage.
4. Articles in Press (AiP) service
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, UNIVERSITAS NEGERI SURABAYA may choose to publish an abstract or portions of the paper before we publish it in the journal. Please contact our Production department immediately if you do not want us to make any such prior publication for any reason, including disclosure of a patentable invention.
5. Author/Employer Rights
If you are employed and prepared the article on a subject within the scope of your employment, the copyright in the article belongs to your employer as a work-for-hire. In that case, FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, UNIVERSITAS NEGERI SURABAYA assumes that when you sign this Form, you are authorized to do so by your employer and that your employer has consented to the transfer of copyright, to the representation and warranty of publication rights, and to all other terms and conditions of this Form. If such authorization and consent has not been given to you, an authorized representative of your employer should sign this Form as the Author.
6. FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, UNIVERSITAS NEGERI SURABAYA Copyright Ownership
It is the formal policy of FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, UNIVERSITAS NEGERI SURABAYA to own the copyrights to all copyrightable material in its technical publications and to the individual contributions contained therein, in order to protect the interests of the FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, UNIVERSITAS NEGERI SURABAYA, its authors and their employers, and, at the same time, to facilitate the appropriate re-use of this material by others. FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, UNIVERSITAS NEGERI SURABAYA distributes its technical publications throughout the world and does so by various means such as hard copy, microfiche, microfilm, and electronic media. It also abstracts and may translate its publications, and articles contained therein, for inclusion in various compendiums, collective works, databases and similar publications
Every accepted manuscript should be accompanied by "Copyright Transfer Agreement" prior to the article publication.